Saturday, October 27, 2018

Look at my dead dog and other stuff from our travels.

Sandy, Bella and I are traveling to Bejing this week to start a new job.  It should be great.

Our trip began in Baltimore where a lady befriended me because she thought Bella was so cute. Nice. She said her friend had a similar dog (it was a Maltese too) named Bella.  What a coincidence.  She decided to show me pictures of the dog the last one was a picture of the lifeless dog captioned, "Bella 2008-2018".  I asked if the dog was dead, and she said, "yes"Weird. I thanked the lady for showing me the dead dog and we were on our way to Seoul.

You may be wondering why we were heading to Seoul.  To understand the itinerary, you have to understand the Chinese pet inspection system. Each city sets their own policy.  We are heading to Beijing which has a one month quarantine. There is no way I can put our baby in quarantine for a month, so we found that Guangzhou is the only city that has no quarantine.  We decided to fly there. but there is only one flight a day that allows pets to fly in the cabin, I am a crazed pet owned and do not want her underneath.  Hence, we had to fly to Seoul wait 16 hours (!), to take the only flight to Guangzhou with pets in the cabin, spend the night, then fly to Beijing. 


The strange thing is, it turned out really well.  We flew for 13 hours and got to Seoul where we snuck Bella in the transit hotel which had a perfectly acceptable king sized bed.  We slept 9 hours. We got to Guanghou (city motto, "Trust nobody because we are all out to make money ethically or not") where we had time for some tourist activities (which made it a legitimate stop and not just a ruse to get around the pet inspection system). The hotel had the most interesting safety system...a mask/head gear for fresh air in fires.  It made no sense to me, but I liked the picture of the guy wearing the suit.




We got to Bejing and were surprisingly rested and mostly over our jet lag.

No comments: