Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Heading Back

We are heading back to Korea tomorrow and I am really looking forward to it. Our life in Korea is pretty easy/good.  I miss the kids at school.  They make me crazy sometimes, but I really enjoy spending time with them. I am also looking forward to seeing our colleagues.

A few observations on our trip here. As expected, it was great seeing family. There were a couple of things I did not expect to like so much.  The biggest is the courtesy people show each other in stores, while driving, and just in general. I always forget it until I am in the environment. It is really nice to not worry about someone pushing or cutting in line or driving you off the road.  I also forget about the roads, how the medians are so beautiful and the roads well maintained.

The other striking thing is just how fat we are as a people.  Every time I return home I am shocked.

No comments: