Monday, September 25, 2006

Great day









A friend of mine took me to this school that is kind of remote...you have to go by motorbike than by boat to get there. The children can not go to the government school yet so they study in this little bamboo school. 15 of the children live there also. The kids look like they are in pretty good shape.






As I was getting ready to leave, the village head offered me coffee so I sat down and started to enjoy it when I noticed the women next to me wearing western clothes. So I asked one woman if she spoke English which she did. It turns out they were there to make a show for Animal Planet on a female Mahout (elephant trainer).












After the trip, I went back across the river to one of my favorite places...this waterfall that literally spills out on to the dirt road. It is beautiful. You can climb up the many terraces to the top of the water fall and at the top there are all of these beautiful orchids all over the place. What a great day!

No comments: