Sunday, May 07, 2006

Heartbreaking


Any Phoo was sitting on my lap in a cute little green dress with Burmese powder on her little face. When I took a picture of her and she looked at it she had the biggest smile. I said "cute" and she shook her head yes...very confident it appears. She was so proud when she leaned up against me and said, "My father visits me once a month". Of course it broke my heart...one of many things about this little girl that breaks your heart.

When her father brought her to the home (her mother was long gone), she was crying so hard. Her father told her, "I love you, but I can not take care of you in the jungle. They will take care of you. Now you should not cry anymore". And she hasn't.

Any Phoo has every right to cry because has a congental defect which makes her anemic all the time, zaps her energy, causes fevers on a regular basis, requires that she has transfussions once a week, and which, sadly, will kill her in a few years. Tough cards the kids was dealt... maybe she deserves to cry...she certainly made me.

No comments: