Saturday, June 03, 2006

I want to be a vigilante

As I mentioned the other day, one of our boys was badly beaten by some monks at a temple in a nearby city. At first the head monk was apologetic and said he would help bring the criminal monks to justice. I guess he changed his mind because he went to the police and, being a man of substantial influence, put an end to the investigation. He has reneged on his pledge to pay the hospital bills. We are going to the press, but the press is not very active so this will likely be ineffective. When there is no other justice, I understand why vigilante justice is popular.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just remember that vigilante-ism is still illegal (at least I am pretty sure it is) and by attacking monks or anything like that you are likely to punishment than if it was an ordinary lay person.

How about going to the internet media - there is the Thaivisa online community with over 30,000 members in many countries across the world. This forum also mails out new bulletins to members, so you will achieve a large audience.

It is sad that monks of all people would do such a thing.

steve said...

Thanks for the idea. By the way, I was not serious about being a vigilante. Violence solves nothing. I think I can understand the thought process of those who would consider it now though.

Anonymous said...

Thats good to know :)