Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Perfect Timing

Yesterday was awful. I had four classes, and two did not go well. Kids were not trying in one, and in the other they were just playing and chatting. The other two classes went well and my special lunch time students were great. Something really bad happened in the office that upset me a bit, too.

I came to school today with trepidation. Will it be another difficult day? Do I really know what I am doing? Am I making any difference at all?
When I walked in one of my students was waiting for me. She had spent two hours writing a letter for me. She wanted to tell me that her English was not very good, but she really enjoyed my class and me as a teacher. She wanted to apologize for not doing her homework, too. I forced myself not to hug her, but I did thank her and now she will start coming to visit me at lunch for help on her homework.

I feel great.

No comments: