Sunday, October 22, 2006

An unwelcome visitor

Yesterday was incredibly hot so I was sitting in my underware cursing my laptop which is finally dying and in walks a man into my house...for the third time. He is the deaf and mute brother of the landlord. The first two times Sandy was home alone. As you might imagine I am concerned and at least a little angry. I scolded him (I know he is deaf and does not speak English but you got to do what you got to do!). Then, I scolded the landlord. We may move out.

I was talking to a friend and she told me about a 18 year old girl who was raped nearby last month. My friend said nobody responded to her screams and the police are not investigating because she is not Thai. Hard to believe, but there really is no justice here if you do not have Thai nationality.

I think it is safe here but I think if we stay in our house we will have to change the locks and always have the door locked.

No comments: