- the speed of US pullout in Iraq because of the progress
- the speed of normalization of relations with North Korea because of their agreeing to the commitments they have made
- that bird flu would still be a fear, but not a major one
- the US and China (the biggest contributors towards global warming) seem to be willing to talk about the issue in a serious manner
- that Iran may not be developing a nuclear bomb after all
I would ask them what they were smoking.
There is a long way to go on all of these matters, but with so much good news it maybe this is a good time of year to look at what has happened and feel some hope.