Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Another bonehead move!

I was traveling to a children's home that is about 50 meters from the Thai/Myanmar border and decided to do a little exploring on the surrounding dirt roads. Some men waved me down at one point and I thought about driving quickly by them until I realized they had guns and I did not. I told them I was going to the temple (which also has the children's home) and they let me go. I realized I made a wrong turn when I saw a Burmese police station. Of course, I had forgotten my money (for bribes) and passport at home so if the police stopped me I had a problem. I decided to go back the way I came and when the same men waved me down I smiled and pointed towards the temple and hoped they knew I was a moron and just lost. Either way, all was fine and I made it back with no problems.

1 comment:

Linea said...

eep, i worry