Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Walking down the street holding hands with a monk


Yesterday I went to Burma with Yue and Hiroe. We made a few stops along the way (see below posts for details). I knew that I had a full day when, at the end of the day, I was walking down the street holding hands with a monk...ok he is not a monk yet (December he will be one) but we were definetly holding hands and I am talking fingers locked together for 10 minutes. I knew that physical closeness is normal for Burmese people so I should not have been surprised. I have never felt so uncomfortable but I figured I should go along with it.
A funny note is Yue took a picture. I hoped she took a picture so I could show it for my most awkward moments on the blog. I asked and she thought I would be upset so she said "no". Later in the night we were talking and she laughed and showed it to us. Quite cute.

No comments: