Saturday, September 23, 2006

Chatting with the monk

I met with a monk yesterday to talk about the situation with the kids he cares for at his temple. It is a really difficult situation for the kids and I am going to try to help him in the near future but I am trying to make sure I understand what is happening before I decide how to help.

I went with my friend and translator Pone Pone. Usually I ask a question then it takes several minutes of conversation between the two people before I get an answer to even a simple question. This was quite different. I asked difficult questions and Pone Pone asked him and he barely made a noise and then Pone Pone gave me his long reply. I am not sure but either the monk is a master communicator or Pone Pone is having a little fun by making up answers.

I will write more about this temple and their children later because it is really a terrible situation...I just need to understand it better before I ask friends to help the kids.

No comments: