Sunday, November 19, 2006

You gotta do something





There are 51 children that need help and I have given up on the NGO's. I want to find a way to improve their situation.


The picture above is the main bathroom that the fifty one children and 10 monks use. As you can see, the roof is falling in, the concrete is deteriorating. You can not see the toilets were installed backwards so they are always a mess.



They have a second bathroom which they use sometimes but it is flooded because of the poor design. The kids do not want to walk in the water so they pee in it instead. The smell is disgusting.





The kids bathe together outside as the picture shows. It is not terrible for the little boys, but as boys get older this is not good. It is also inappropriate for monks to do this.








I think this is just wrong and I want to find a way to fix it. I am going to have the one bathroom made into a clothes washing area and build a new bathroom. It will be enclosed with 8 toilets, 4 urinals, places to bathe. The monks will have their own seperate area. The bathroom with the poor drainage will have a new floor poured with drains.


The total cost of this will be about $2500 US. If you are interested in supporting these kids send me an e-mail ssnidero@hotmail.com

Thanks

2 comments:

Andy Steel said...

Hi Steve;

That is just terrible; let me see what we can do in BKK to rectify this.

Andy Steel
PATT Foundation

steve said...

Thanks...I am sending you an e-mail now asking for contacts for tile or donations.