Thursday, April 16, 2009

An End to Goodness

Last night mom died.

She was not a great woman...just an incredibly good woman. Her easy laugh, her quietly inspirational way of dealing with hardship, the way she inspired her children to believe they could do anything they wanted, slow to anger, but she still had a fiery spirit. She was a good friend to all, a good mother, a good daughter, a good wife...an incredibly good woman.

I know that many say these things when a parent passes, but there is not a day in my life that I did not know how lucky I am to have had her as a mother. I miss her so much already. I wonder if I ever will stop.

1 comment:

Diane said...

No, you will not stop missing a person you love even after they have gone. But after awhile the memories you have will only be tinged with sadness versus pain and grief. You begin to welcome these memories and these spontaneous thoughts of them because it allows you to feel their warm presence and they remain a part of your life still. At least this is how I feel regarding Andy's Dad.

Everyone's grief runs a different timeline. Allow yours to run it's own course. We're thinking of you both and of your family.