Friday, February 02, 2007

So Good!

Soma is a 20 year old woman whose family abandoned her years ago, so she lived at Baan Unrak. She completed high school here and is studying to take an American GED test in Bangkok. She takes care of a group of children who are also studying there. Usually I feel strange calling a 20 year old a woman but she is wise beyond her years.

It is not often that I meet such a nice young woman... there is just such goodness radiating from her. I think I am not the only person to see this since a family that has been sponsoring her offered to pay for her to go to university in Canada. Once she passes the GED (hopefully next month) she will start school there.

Such a nice girl, born with no papers and later abandoned, the sort of girl who usually has no future, now has the opportunity to have a great life.
I can not tell you how happy it makes me every time I see her.



No comments: