Friday, March 05, 2010

Great Billboard

There is a huge problem with human trafficking from Burma to Thailand.  20 yards from the border is this billboard telling girls to be careful of strangers, you could be trafficked and forced into prostitution.  

I really love this billboard because it has a great message, it is in the best place that the Thai government could put it, it has such a powerful image...scares me just looking at it.  A powerful picture is especially important since the ads will target uneducated people who may not be able to read anything.

Another thing I like is there is no English.  I have seen similar posters before, but they always had a fair amount of English on them.  Since the largely uneducated people will not be able read English, I think those posters/billboards are for show.

 

No comments: