Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Fire and Grass Roof...bad combination


Three children stay in bamboo huts next to the Baan Unrak house. One boy lit a candle in his hut and left. Apparently, fire, grass roofs and bamboo are not a good combination. The fire quickly consumed three huts. Nobody was hurt. The kids lost their clothes (I replaced two sets of clothes for each boy). The kids seemed unfazed by it, but the accountant, who lost all of the financial records for the last three months, has looked better.

2 comments:

Clayton said...

woah crap. how's that electricity coming? looks like you need it.

steve said...

They actually have electricity now but they decided a candle would be nicer. Oops!